Instructions for First Time Visitors
On this page you will find the following:
1. THE PURPOSE OF THIS WEBSITE
This site was created to connect and re-connect with our classmates. Our site is private!
Everything you need to know about setting up a profile to gain access to the rest of our page is on this page. If you have questions, please contact Janice Kurowski (Klosowski), Webmaster, at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. PRIVACY NOTICE
This website is secure. Pages are password protected. All information entered into this website will be kept confidential. It will not be shared or distributed. Other class members can communicate with you but no one can see your email, home address or phone number unless you send it to them. Once you are a member, you can see who has added pictures or updated their profile.
Each classmate has the ability to limit the visibility of his or her profile to only fellow classmates by clicking on the appropriate answer in the Profile Visibility section during profile setup. If you do not opt for privacy on this line, your profile can be viewed by non-members such as your friends or family, but also note your profile will be fully indexable by major search engines.
Finding your class web site Profile pages by searching Google or other major search engines:
- If you are signed on to the site and restricted your profile to only fellow classmates, and then use a search engine to see if the privacy options above are working, it will appear they are NOT. This is only because you are signed into the site. Sign out and check again. You will see that none of your profile information is viewable by non members.
Emails may be shared within this site using the contact option at the top of each classmate's profile page (just look under the classmate's main photo in the upper left). This way you will be able to contact classmates without sharing your private email address, unless you choose to do so.
All class Email news sent from us to you via this web site: For those of you with spam blocking or email filtering capabilities, please add email@example.com to your email account as a safe sender in order to ensure you receive email communications from us.
Please note that if you do not want your name and picture on this site, it may be removed by contacting Janice Kurowski (Klosowski), Webmaster, at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will end all communications to you from the St Francis De Sales High School Class of 1965.
3. SETTING UP YOUR PROFILE
In order to access the pages that are password protected on this site, you must set up a profile by providing a minimum of your email address, and a password.
To set up your profile: locate the "Classmate Profiles" link and locate your name and click on it. Follow the prompts to create your profile.
Private information like your email address, home address, and phone numbers will not be visible to fellow classmates. Your information will never be given to other classmates without your permission.
We encourage you to add a current picture to your profile as a master photo. This photo will be displayed in various areas around the site. It's also helpful to upload an additional "Now" photo, and a "Then" photo.
If your name is not already on the site, but you were part of the St Francis De Sales High School Class of 1965, contact us and your name will be added.
Updates: If you change your email address, snail mail address, or phone number, please update your Contact Info so we have up to date information. That way you'll always be in the know about what your classmates are up to!
Choosing a password: Passwords do not need to be the high security style recommended for some sites. Choose something simple that you are certain you will remember. Clicking the "Remember Me" will allow you to bypass entering the password each time you visit, but eventually the "remember me" will fail (for instance when you get a new computer). Please make note of your password!
If you forget your password simply click on "forgot password". If you have several email accounts, and you don't remember the one you used to set-up your account, contact Janice Kurowski (Klosowski), Webmaster at email@example.com
4. "MISSING" CLASSMATES
The site assembles a missing list for us, based solely on the names of people who don't have profiles. Until you create a profile, the site will consider you "missing".
Also, please note: We need your help to contact EVERY classmate. If you have information about any classmate not listed, please contact Janice Kurowski (Klosowski), Webmaster, at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. COMMUNICATING WITH CLASSMATES
To contact a fellow classmate, you may simply use the email option at the top left of each Classmate's Profile page (located under Master Photo). This feature will allow open communication between Classmates, while protecting your personal information. If you wish to share your email address or other personal information within a message written on our site, the site will not block you from doing so.
6. ADDING PICTURES TO YOUR PROFILE
Adding current pictures is not a requirement to participate on the site, but it certainly is a nice way to get to know people again.
Filling in the photo slots at the top of your Profile:
- Click "Edit Profile" under MEMBER FUNCTIONS.
- Roll your cursor over the Master Photo, Then, Now, or Yearbook photo silhouette (note you cannot upload a yearbook photo if one has already been provided)
- Click "Select Photo" displayed in the upper right corner of photo, then click the "Upload a New Photo" button.
- Select the desired photo from your hard drive. You will then be given an opportunity to crop the photo for a perfect fit.
Adding large "Profile Gallery Images" to your Profile:
- Clicked "Edit Profile" under MEMBER FUNCTIONS.
- Click the photo tab in the upper right corner of your Profile.
- You will see any images previously uploaded here. Click the "Upload a New Photo" button to add more.
- Click to select images you wish to display on your Profile. All images with a green check mark will display. Click again to not display, and the green check mark will disappear.
- To add a caption under your images, roll over any image and select "Edit Details". Enter your caption and press save.
- You can adjust the display order of your photos by simply dragging and dropping them into the positions of your choosing.